Welcome to a new school year. We invite you to view the Welcome Back video, which can be found at https://youtu.be/BVajzwCipBs.
The Kansas State Department of Education has been busy this summer sharing the Kansas State Board of Education’s vision: Kansas leads the world in the success of each student.
We are including in this message several resources to help share the vision via email, newsletters, parent nights, school board meetings, business meetings, chamber events and other schoolwide events.
There are a wide variety of resources available to you at the click of a button.
We have produced five different videos — each one of them highlighting one of the five outcomes. Those videos and the links to them via YouTube are:
· Kindergarten readiness; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rd5kJ3bnPM
· Individual Plan of Study Focused on Career Interest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFpTE68xIwg
· High School Graduation Rates: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqTeJPpv7XU
· Postsecondary Completion/Attendance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6euGEK3-9Q
· Social/Emotional Growth Measured Locally: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb_MyDpR9tM
There also are five letters about each outcome that you can include in your school newsletters or on your website. The letters can be found at:
· Kindergarten readiness: http://bit.ly/29tmN12
· Individual Plan of Study: http://bit.ly/29zhOB4
· High School Graduation Rates: http://bit.ly/2avpRzj
· Postsecondary Completion/Attendance: http://bit.ly/2ay3DHy
· Social/Emotional Growth Measured Locally: http://bit.ly/29KMfRq
KSDE has put together a web page dedicated to the vision and the Kansans Can theme. Click here to download posters, a PowerPoint, talking points about the vision, fact sheets and more: http://bit.ly/1W8NPfR:.
KSDE also has created a Vision for Kansas Education brochure that can be printed or distributed electronically to your staff members, parents and others in your community: http://bit.ly/2aSLMQQ.
We are excited about this endeavor, and we want you, your staff members, your students and your parents to be excited, too.
Together, Kansans Can!